Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bake 52 Week 32 - Cheddar Cheese Bread

This week we made Cheddar Cheese Bread. It's a quick bread so it was really easy to make. It's really flavorful! You start with a layer of shredded parmesan cheese on the bottom.
Then you mix the chopped cheddar cheese with the dry ingredients.

Mix the wet ingredients.

Then mix the wet and dry ingredients together.  It took a bit of work to get all the dry ingredients incorporated.  It's a really stiff dough.  Once I got everything mixed together I loaded it into a greased bread pan and topped it with more Parmesan cheese.

Already to bake.  Fifty minutes later...

Yum!  I let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then an hour before I cut into it. 

It was really tasty.  The bread on it's own was a bit...I don't know the right word...rich, creamy, heavy, dense?  Jonathan said it needed butter.  When I asked Jonathan if he liked it he said he likes bread that he can toast and put strawberry jam on.  I don't know about toasting it but...


Strawberry jam was a great idea!  It balanced out the heavy/dense/richness and really compliments the cheddar cheese.  I really like this bread.  To get the full recipe check out Betsy's blog.



...

1 comment:

  1. Strawberry jam on a cheese bread. That is new combination to me. Maybe I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete